Navigate --

About
Email/Contact
Open Chat Board

Old Rants --

 

Blogs --


Websites --

Michael Savage
Michael Medved
Heavysheep.com
Yaaahhhoo!
Macromedia
Stick Page
Gizoogle
Heir to the Throne - Online Game


Bloggers for Mike McGavick for Senate 2006!

Members --

 
 

We Eat Liberals for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Don't like it? Email us


4.28.2005

Contemplating reality

 - Brian


All this talk about our Founding Fathers and what they expected this nation to be inspired me to read their take on the matter. Fortunately, I didn’t have to look far. My dad had a copy of The Patriots Handbook (ed. George Grant, Ph.D), a large book that contained poems, speeches, and stories written by our Founding Fathers and the famous people of that time. I was shocked to learn that they dealt with many of the issues we deal with today. They were wise beyond what I had expected. They knew how individuals in power, if corrupted, could destroy a nation (i.e., politicians, judges, etc…). So they set out to create a just society where the people could maintain control over the government. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite work out as planned.

Well anyway, some of the wise men of that time had a lot of good advise to share. I discovered that what George Whitefield, an English evangelist, preached to be quite interesting (and I quote):

As God can send a nation or people no greater blessing than to give them faithful, sincere, and upright ministers, so the greatest curse that God can possibly send upon a people in this world, is to give them over to blind, unregenerate, carnal, lukewarm, and unskillful guides.

Hehe. That would be today’s government education system.

Another thing that deeply disturbs me is when people forget how God-fearing our Founding Fathers were. Almost every lecture, letter, and poem they wrote had something to do with…um, fearing God.
Then I turned to The Constitution Article II. I don’t really need to go into that right now, but I suggest you read it.

After reading their speeches and what not, I am convinced that if they were able to visit the United States of America at present, they would not be pleased at all.
Well, that’s all I’ve got to say.
Oh, and the Founding Fathers are no doubt spinning in their graves.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free Domain Forwarding

add text << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Humor & fun cool stuff