Navigate --

About
Email/Contact
Open Chat Board

Old Rants --

 

Blogs --


Websites --

Michael Savage
Michael Medved
Heavysheep.com
Yaaahhhoo!
Macromedia
Stick Page
Gizoogle
Heir to the Throne - Online Game


Bloggers for Mike McGavick for Senate 2006!

Members --

 
 

We Eat Liberals for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Don't like it? Email us


3.17.2005

Boo Hoo (new comment)

 - Brian


Check out this comment I received from "Secondstring" regarding the football post I made a while ago:

"Could not be more wrong. You don't even give respect to what you don't understand. Most of those "high school" dropouts went to world class universities. Why is outstanding achievement in sport any different than any other field. Football players today are gladiators for the modern age. They take their lives in their hands because of the passion they have for the sport. And, it brings men together, your teamates become your brothers through common struggle. I know I benefited from it. I will watch and love football till the day i day. You sound like the sad little boy who got picked last and couldnt throw.

---secondstring"


You say "Why is outstanding achievement in sport any different than any other field.[sic]"
First off, genius, football requires a very minimal amount of brain power.
For example:
"uhg. thro ball. catch ball. drop out of high-school. slam head into rock. gack."
Real achievement comes from real geniuses. Just look at Bill Gates. He achieved something wonderful because he applied his brain, not a football.
Secondly, if football players are "today's gladiators," then they're sure wimpy ones. Back in ancient Rome, gladiators kicked butt. They were real men, not little pansies who throw balls and drop out of high-school. They battled lions and other armed men.
Thirdly, you state: "They take their lives in their hands because of the passion they have for the sport."
*sniffle sniffle* how touching. Boo-freakin'-hoo.
Fourthly, fine. Watch football until you die. Waste away your obsessive life watching morons jump on each other and throw balls. Whoop whoop.
Lastly, I rule at football. I have a football player-like built. I dominate football. I'll run you over before you know what's happening. So you're completely wrong, I can throw a football (I might need to touch up on my skills, tho).
So while you're on your fat rear watching football, I'll be making millions with my my mind and hangin' out with my homies. Not to mention my millions of girl friends.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free Domain Forwarding

add text << # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

Humor & fun cool stuff